Friday, August 6, 2010

A Little Un-Green

I wish I was brave enough to bike to work.  I only live about seven miles away, but every street is a major street including the big downhill/uphill of Normandale Blvd.  I'm a chicken.  And lazy.  Also?  I love my car.  I LOVE HER.  And I love driving, even though most people who ride with me think I will stroke out from screaming at other drivers.

Luckily, there appear to be tons of other - better - people than me in the Cities.  Minneapolis was recently named the bikingest city in the nation (YAY!) by Bicycling Magazine.    The awesome people who bike to work instead of driving their car are reducing carbon emissions, reducing traffic, and keeping fit.  Again, jealous.

People also ride some pretty wierd bikes.  But, hey, they're riding.  If you bike to work, or bike to the store, you are awesome.  But stay out of the road and stop running lights and stop signs.  Kisses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment