Friday, March 1, 2013

Why Don't People Care?

It ain't easy being green, even a little bit.  I'm recycling that line from someone else.  It's hard when something is important to you that isn't important to other people.  Especially something that is so easy.  Recycling is EASY.  I get very discouraged at work when I walk down the aisle and I see people have thrown a pop bottle in their garbage.  People who sit outside the pantry.  With the recycle bin.  People that work with me.  On my team.  Who have met me before.  

Bringing your lunch in a reusable bag is EASY.  Some person brings in a Lean Cuisine every day in either a plastic Target or Cub Foods bag and throws that bag in the garbage every day.  And the Lean Cuisine tray is a Number 1 plastic.  Which is recyclable.  And that get's thrown in the garbage every day too.

Ok, so it's not hard, after all.  It's stupid.  There.  I said it.  You are stupid if you don't recycle.  Don't tell me you don't have time.  Don't tell me you don't have space.  I live in an apartment and I have three huge Williams-Sonoma bags crammed next to my stove for recycling.  Don't tell me you never remember to bring in your reusable bag.  Keep them in your back seat.  Heck, keep them in your front seat.  STOP BEING LAZY.  AND THIS IS COMING FROM THE LAZIEST PERSON YOU KNOW.

I'm not going to preach.  I don't have to.  The planet is doing it for me.  We are in trouble.  California is already on fire.  Kansas City has gotten 45 inches of snow in two weeks.  There is no water in White Bear Lake and no walleye in Mille Lacs.  These two things are the easiest GD things you can do to make a difference.  So do it.  Lazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment