Friday, September 3, 2010

Critical Mass

The cordless mouse I use at home has been silently shouting at me for a few days that my batteries are at a CRITICALLY LOW LEVEL. Alright already. I don’t feel like I use a lot of batteries, but I probably use more than a few. I have two in my mouse, four in my keyboard, two in my TV remote, two in my other remote, two in my kitchen clock, one in my clock radio, one in my bureau clock and probably five or six in the various stereo remotes. That’s almost twenty batteries. That’s a lot, I think. And since Hennepin County incinerates its garbage and I don’t want to breathe in burned-up battery acid, I always recycle them. In fact, I so don’t want to breathe burned-up battery acid I have a box at my desk at work for recycling other peoples’ batteries. I take them to Wood Lake Nature Center and dump them in their big bin. I have a bag of my grandma’s hearing aid batteries to take the next time I go to Wood Lake.


Check this cute little guy out. His name is Corky and he is a mouse made of cork and recycled plastic who is entirely powered by his own movement. Genius. Unless he is ridiculously expensive, he will definitely be joining my household and maybe my work life too. What a great idea. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I will keep you posted when he is released for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment